Afterschool Works! Contests
Annual Afterschool Works! Youth Video Contest
Lights, camera, action! Each year, the Missouri AfterSchool Network (MASN) invites afterschool youth of all ages (kindergarten thru 12th grade) to plan, film, and edit their own video about the importance of afterschool programs. Afterschool programs are defined as any program held outside of the typical school-day that support positive youth development – this includes programs held before school, after school, on the weekends, and throughout summer!
Theme: The overall theme of the video was “Afterschool Works!” Our challenge was to depict how afterschool programs work by highlighting how afterschool programs, in general, accomplish all three of these major things:
(1) Keep Youth Safe
(2) Help Working Families
(3) Inspire Learning
CONGRATULATIONS 2016 WINNERS!
- 1st Place: Kids Safari at Spring Branch Elementary (Independence School District, Independence, MO)
- 2nd Place: Clayton Kid Zone (Clayton, MO)
Visit our You Tube Channel to view winning videos from this year and year’s past!
- 1st Place: Twin Pike YMCA – Bowling Green
- 2nd Place: Martin City LINC 4th & 5th Grades
- 1st Place: Martin City LINC, Middle School
- 2nd Place: Camdenton Middle School PASS Program
Annual Afterschool Works! Scholarship Contest
MASN is pleased to announce its second annual “Afterschool Works!” Scholarship opportunity for graduating seniors. Applications must be postmarked by April 30, 2017, and the scholarship will be awarded by July 31, 2017.
This scholarship is available to:
- Graduating high school seniors
- Students who have been accepted to a full-time community college, 4-year college or university, or vocational/technical school
- Students with a minimum high school 2.5 GPA
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Participation in a before-, afterschool, or summer learning program.
To download more information and the application, click here.